15.12.05

I've Change My Mind

That's it. I'm done. One of the things that I've been saying, in light of my last post, is that I actually enjoy Christmas, even as an atheist. Of course, I don't celebrate the whole religous aspect of the holiday, but more the family and friends aspect of it (I know, I know, "What about the rest of the year!?" and all that. I guess I just like the spirit of the whole thing). And even if I didn't celebrate Christmas, I understand that other people do. I would never even concider saying that another's religous observences are bad, evil, harmful, etc (unless they involved, say, human sacrifice).

But I've also been saying that the "war on Christmas" shit was pushing me to the limit. Where's the limit? Oh, its this line, right below here...

----------

See? There it is. Now I'm past it. Why? This. A fucking resolution "Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the symbols and traditions of Christmas should be protected."

Yup. Nothing about a state sponsered religion there at all.

So, I am done. We've taken yet another perfectly nice, innocent idea and turned it into yet another way to polarize the country. I now officially hate Christmas.

Good job all around.

2 Comments:

Blogger DeHuman8 said...

hope it fails

2:46 PM  
Blogger Anarchy Zen said...

I hope it passes. Let's get so polarized that we have a revolution. Sure, things will suck for a while... you might even die in the process. But what do you think it will take for things to get better someday?

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home